Mission & Goals
Our Mission as stated in the Sandhills Archers constitution:
- To foster, expand, and perpetuate the practice of field and target archery and the spirit of good fellowship among all archers;
- To encourage the use of the bow in hunting and taking of all legal game animals according to the laws of the land;
- To cooperate with the National Field Archery Association, The National Archery Association, North Dakota Bowhunters Association, and the Minnesota State Archery Association in the promotion of tournaments pertaining to the furtherance of interest and enjoyment of archery;
- To keep and maintain indoor and outdoor ranges for the furtherance of interest and enjoyment of archery in this club;
- To conduct indoor and outdoor tournaments in accordance with the NFAA, NAA, NDBA, and MSAA;
- To provide the opportunity for people to come together so they may more enjoy and understand the sport of archery.
Sandhills Archery Club of Fargo is a non-profit organization developing the first handicapped accessible Archery Park in the state of North Dakota. This park is a family oriented, multi-use facility that the entire community can enjoy. We are building a total handicapable park dedicated to archery along with picnic shelters, a walking path, play ground and wildlife habitat area, including a pond for waterfowl and food plot for wildlife.
Among other things, the Sandhills Archery Club provides an opportunity to children of all ages (at no cost) to develop their archery skills, become involved in a hobby or sport, learn responsibility, and develop a respect for nature and the environment. By providing a structured activity under the close adult supervision, we hope to help these children build character and grow into contributing members of society.