Sandhills Archers By-Laws
Original 07/27/79 Revised 01/01/85 Revised 10/24/90 Revised 11/18/92 Revised 1/17/07
ARTICLE I NAME
1. The Name of this organization shall be Sandhills Archers, Inc.
ARTICLE II PURPOSE
1. To foster, expand, and perpetuate the practice of field and target archery and the spirit of good fellowship among all archers; to encourage the use of the bow in hunting and taking of all legal game animals according to the laws of the land; to cooperate with the National Field Archery Association (NFAA), The National Archery Association (NAA), North Dakota Bowhunter’s Association (NDBA), and the Minnesota State Archery Association (MSAA) in promotion of tournaments pertaining to each; to promote interest and competition in the sport of archery; to keep and maintain indoor and outdoor ranges for the furtherance of interest and enjoyment of archery in this club; to conduct indoor and outdoor tournaments in accordance with the NFAA, NAA, NDBA, and MSAA; to provide the opportunity for people to come together so they may more enjoy and understand the sport of archery.
ARTICLE III MEMBERSHIP
1. Active membership shall be granted upon application and payment of regular fees and upon such terms as the Board determines.
2. Honorary membership, lifetime or yearly as stipulated by the Board, may be granted for exceptional merit and service by the Board of Directors upon such terms as the Board determines.
3. At the discretion of the Board, no person shall be a member if he or she has been convicted of a felony or Class A misdemeanor or a violation of any hunting law for one year prior to membership application.
4. The Board of Directors may suspend or expel any member for conduct detrimental to the interest of Sandhills Archers.
5. Terms of membership shall be determined by the Board of Directors.
ARTICLE IV MEMBERSHIP MEETINGS AND FISCAL YEAR
1. There shall be an annual meeting of the membership within the month of January, at which time members of the Board of Directors shall be elected.
2. Special meetings of the membership may be called by the Board.
3. Notice of all membership meetings will be issued to all members by mail at least 5 days in advance of the meeting.
4. Voting at the Annual Meeting or at any Special Meeting of the membership shall be limited to one vote for each member who is currently paid. Family memberships will be allowed one vote. No proxy voting will be permitted. Absentee ballots shall be permitted upon request to the Board. Except as provided by these Bylaws, action shall be taken by a majority vote of the members present at the meeting and who submit absentee ballots.
5. The fiscal year of this club shall be from January 1 to December 31.
ARTICLE V BOARD OF DIRECTORS
1. The Board of Directors shall consist of nine members, each having a three year term such that three Board positions will come up for election each year. Each year the elected Board members shall elect from among the Board members a President, a Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
2. The Board of Directors shall control and manage the activities, policies, and property of the club in accordance with the By-Laws.
3. Board meetings will be held on the third Wednesday of the month or can be called as needed by the President. Board meetings shall be open to all members. At any meeting of the Board five of the Board members shall constitute a quorum. Board members may vote by written proxy. A separate proxy shall be required for each meeting.
4. Any vacancies of the Board or any office shall be filled by appointment by the Board of Directors until the next Annual Meeting, at which time the general membership shall vote upon a successor to fill the vancancy.
OFFICERS AND THEIR DUTIES
1. The officers of the club shall consist of a President, a Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer. These officers shall be elected by the Board and must be Board members elected by the membership.
2. The President shall preside at all meetings, appoint all committees and shall in general perform the duties incidental to this office.
3. The Vice-President shall perform the duties of the president, if he or she is unable to act. It is anticipated that the vice-president will eventually become president.
4. The Secretary shall keep all records of the club, serve all notices of meetings, conduct all correspondence, in general perform all the duties incidental to this office.
5. The Treasurer shall receive all monies of the club. He or she shall keep accurate records of the receipts and disbursements and make an annual written report at the Annual Meeting, and in general have the powers to perform the duties incidental to this office.
ARTICLE VII BANKING
1. The funds of the club shall be deposited in such bank or trust company as the Board of Directors shall designate and shall be withdrawn only upon the check by order of the Treasurer or President pursuant to the following authorization:
A. The Treasurer shall be able to issue checks up to seven hundred fifty dollars without additional approval for the normal day to day operating expenses incurred for the indoor range, outdoor range, and club operations.
B. Checks for the amount of seven hundred fifty dollars of more, for normal club operations must be approved by the Board.
C. The Treasurer shall be able to issue checks up to twenty five hundred dollars, for non-normal day to day club operations, with the Board of Directors approval only.
D. Projects requiring expenditures for over the amount of twenty five hundred dollars or more for non-normal club operations, must be approved by the club membership.
ARTICLE VIII FEES AND DUES
1. The membership fee for members shall be set by the Board of Directors at or before the annual membership meeting.
2. All fees shall be fixed by the Board of Directors. 3. Membership fees shall be listed in the Handbook.
ARTICLE IX AMENDMENTS
1. These by-laws may be amended by two-thirds (2/3) of the current paid members present at any Annual Meeting or Special Meeting called for that purpose.
ARTICLE X HANDBOOK
1 More detailed or special provisions for carrying out or amplifying these by-laws, or matters not provided by these by-laws shall be set forth in a handbook which shall be distributed to the members.
2 The Board of Directors shall make revisions to the Handbook from time to time without membership vote.
ARTICLE XI ANTI-DISCRIMINATION
No person shall be refused service or discriminated against in the conduct of this organization because of his or her sex, sexual preference, race, color, age, disability, religion or national origin.